A Face in the Dark and Other Hauntings

Rating: 4/5



















Title: A Face in the Dark And Other Hauntings
Author: Ruskin Bond
Genre: Fiction, Supernatural
Pages: 216
Publisher: Penguin Books
ISBN-13: 9780143067863




I had read ‘A Face in the Dark’ in school and I instantly fell in love with Ruskin Bond. The simplicity of the narration is what attracts me. His stories emphasize on creating an eerie setting for the reader rather than making it gory and horror-packed. There are several other good short stories in the book, the first one being ‘A Face in the Dark’. Since this was the story that introduced me to the reverent writer, it is special.

Mr. Bond’s tales follow a pattern consisting of old fashioned haunted houses, witches, graveyards and wandering ghosts waiting to avenge their misdoers. His way of thrilling readers in the means of stark oak tree branches in the moonlight or howling dogs and hooting owls rightly manages to do its job. And, personally, it excites me every time I read one of his books because I’d rather get thrilled by ghost stories with a quaint appeal than those that give me nightmares!

A good collection of tales and a keepsake too.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Paths of Glory

The Immortals of Meluha

Book Review: Death Unmasked