Top 5 books by Jeffrey Archer

With the Clifton Chronicles done, I decided it was time I did a top 5 post by one of my favorite authors, you guessed it, Jeffrey Archer. I must add, I haven't read all of his books but with whatever little knowledge I possess, I wish to reveal my top 5 reads and hope that this helps you, whether you are new to the author or are looking to read one of his books. Please note, I haven't included any of his short stories and plays here. They can make a different post, what say?

So, let's begin!

P.S - Click on the images to buy from Amazon.in

1. Kane and Abel



My first pick has to be Kane and Abel. Although it is the first book in a series, it has to be Archer's finest work. The story includes everything from drama, romance, politics and rivalry and is sure to leave a lasting impression on the reader. A must read.


2. False Impression



False Impression brings a smile to my face whenever I think of it. What an amazing story line and the climax, absolutely unpredictable. A delightful read, especially for art lovers.


3. Paths of Glory



I read this book on a whim. I had no idea of who George Mallory was or what he had accomplished. This book sheds light on one of the most intriguing and debatable subject there is. An extremely powerful and heart warming read. Click here to read my review of this book.


4. Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less



This book will always have a special place in my heart as it is the first Jeffrey Archer book that I ever read. Incidentally, it was the first book by the author too. The book has a great story and a mind blowing ending.


5. A Prisoner of Birth



One of my favorite classics is The Count of Monte Cristo. I love the idea of avenging oneself and the way it was penned down by Dumas was exceptional. A Prisoner of Birth is inspired from the same classic but with a modern twist. Needless to say, I enjoyed every bit of the book and always recommend it.

So these were my top 5 reads of Jeffrey Archer. I might do an updated version of the post once I have read all his works. But for now, hope this helps.



Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Paths of Glory

The Immortals of Meluha

Book Review: On The Side of the Angel - A Bartering Angel Story by J David Core