Author Interview: Alistair Cross

Hello readers! 

Today I have with me Alistair Cross, the author of the recently released Mystery/thriller book, Sleep Savannah Sleep. The book is a well narrated and equally well written mystery which touches the horror/occult genre, sure to give you the goosebumps! 

Here is Alistair Cross, talking about his new book.



Book Vue: Congratulations on the release of Sleep Savannah Sleep. From where did the idea for the book originate?
Alistair Cross: Thank you. The idea for this book came to me late one night when I couldn’t sleep. I’d just finished my previous novel, The Angel Alejandro, and I knew it was time to start thinking about the next book. I began asking myself about the worst possible thing I could put my next main character through … and from those terrible imaginings, Sleep Savannah Sleep was born.


BV: Is there anything new that you have incorporated in this book?
AC: Yes, there are a couple of things. For one, this is the first book I’ve ever written that takes place entirely from one point of view. Usually I enjoy getting into the minds of various characters and looking at different aspects of the story from where they stand, but this time, it seemed best to keep it limited to my main character. Also, this is the first time I’ve written a full-on murder mystery - and it’s something I’d like to do again one day.  


BV: The climax of the book was unpredictable. Was that the original thought from the beginning or did it change during the course of writing?
AC: The first thing I knew about this book was how it would end. That said, there were moments along the way when I was tempted to change it - I wasn’t quite sure I could go through with it. But in the end, I knew I had to keep the integrity of my initial idea intact. I’m glad I did.  


BV: Have you actually visited graveyards or old Victorian houses, such as in the book, for research purposes?
AC: I have! I try to be as hands-on with my research as possible - I think that’s imperative to the authenticity of the story. Even if you only use half of what you learn during research, it’s important to know your topic inside and out. When you don’t know your subject matter intimately, it shows and weakens the overall effectiveness of your story.  


BV: Which is your favorite character from the book and why?
AC: Savannah. I think she’s a tragic figure and I genuinely feel awful about what happened to her.


Wow! Imagine doing hands-on research like that! No wonder his book is so impressive! Here's a look:


Thank you, Alistair Cross, for your time and looking forward to many great works from you.

You can read my review of Sleep Savannah Sleep, here.


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Paths of Glory

The Immortals of Meluha

Book Review: The Boy From Pataliputra